Strange Habits I Have
This post was meant to be done a few days back, but it’s being published now so there.
Anyway, about a week and a half ago, I went to dinner with my friend and his mom. We had hung out for most of the evening (watching Mulan – AGAIN :D) prior to this and so when his mom came home, she was like “Food?” And we were like “Yes?” And she went “Panera?” And we said, “Okay?”
Yes. It was all questions. Don’t ask why.
So finally at Panera’s, we got into a conversation about how parents are really odd. I went on a rampage about all the weird little things my mom does and my friend went off about his mom too (as if she wasn’t sitting in front of him at all….hehe..). That led to her saying, “Soooo it’s just us???? What about you guys?! Y’all are little psychos that have me questioning just what popped out of my womb..”
And we were like :O???????????????????????????????
But she did have a point. Once I started thinking about it, there were a whole lot of things that I do that are just so…not normal I guess.. So many odd habits…
So here are some!!!!
- Always questioning people, when they are reading MY books, if they have washed their hands. And then, when they don’t respond or say the haven’t, I make them do so. Or at least try to.
- Trailing off mid-sentence…for no reason whatsoever. I finish conversations halfway through them and don’t pick them back up again. I’ve left several people waiting for my response because they think I’ve stopped to think about what I’m going to say. Nope, I’m just done talking. Even if I didn’t actually finish a sentence.
- Asking for paper in class, even though I have a full stock in my book bag. It doesn’t matter that I know who I’m asking already knows I have paper and don’t want to give me any, I ask them anyways. And when I don’t have paper. I sit quietly until someone notices that I need paper.
- Gazing off into the distance…movie-dramatic-creepy style when I’m in the middle of doing something else. If I’m playing video games, I suddenly stop and my eyes go blank, and I’m in some other world. Reading, typing, etc. it doesn’t matter what it is. Even tests, unfortunately. Before, I was often yelled at to pay attention by my friends. Now all I get is a, “Welcome back to Earth, Miko” when I resume my tasks.
- When I had a boyfriend (back in the prehistoric ages and where I was being dumb as ****), I always had to, HAD TO, respond back double the time it took for him to respond to me. I don’t know why, I don’t know how it started, and I hope I don’t do it again.. but I always did it. It took him 10 minutes to text me? Well, I’ll text him back in 20. He sends me a text an hour later, well, two hours later he’ll get a response…
- I despise any kind of conversation about cheerleading. Why? Because somehow the conversation always lead back to my horrendous past with it. (One year, guys…and never again!! I was so young and foolish back then!)
- I’m very mean to my friends. Like the more I like you, the more nasty I get. It’s not a 24/7 thing, but it happens a lot. I have tried to fix that but there hasn’t been much success. The amount of insults that spew out of my mouth are horrendous.. fortunately, I don’t have the mean tone to accompany them so my buds don’t really get mad at me.. so it’s like a cheery “I fucking hate you!!” or “you look sooo ugly today” or “you have two brain cells, I don’t know how you’re still breathing” or “go dig a hole and die in it” or.. well y’all get my point..
- Taking apart flowers. Whenever I get flowers, I pull the petals off one by one. It’s a very meticulous process for me though. I pull off one petal, smell it, rub it to see how soft it is, then fold it repeatedly as small as I can, then tear it into tiny pieces, and finally crush all the pieces into my fist and shake them off into a pile on a table. Then I repeat the whole process again! Until the flower is destroyed. My mother has fought with me to keep any flowers given to me alive in a vase for at least three days.
- Eating asian food, regardless of how sick I get after. I think there’s something about asian food that severely messes up my stomach. My dad’s stomach too. However, we BOTH love it. The food part, not the sick part. We can’t and won’t stop eating the food – in fact, we’re usually the ones to suggest we get that for dinner or something.
- I can’t stare at dolls head on. I always keep my gaze away and if I absolutely must look at them, I glance from the corner of my eyes. Never ever do I stare straight at them.
And that’s enough of that for now!